- Why do you blog? I began this blog to express my personal opinions on a variety of topics that I do not normally discuss with people outside of my family. Because I have a resident indie author I became involved in the indie author community and fell in love with them. I wanted to help get the word out and promote indie authors.
- What do you blog about? I review indie author books, participate in blog tours for book releases and cover reveals, occasionally I will interview an author, many times I’ll write about supporting indie authors. Mondays however can cover any topic, personal reflections; my opinions about political, religious, or social issues; family life; or my other hobby of quilting to name a few.
- What is your favourite book? Oh gosh that is a hard question. There is only one book I’ve ever read twice for pleasure and that is Immortal Queen by Elizabeth Byrd. But I’ve read so many really good books in my life. I loved the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R. Tolkien.
- Who is your favourite author? Well I have to say my favorite author is my own resident author Jen Winters author of the Guardian Novels: Kissing Demons, Falling Angels and the novelette Kissing the Rain. But the authors that really sparked my interest in devouring books as a kid were H. G. Wells and Jules Verne.
- Preference – Radio or TV? TV although I don’t have cable TV and I just watch movies and programs on Netflix or Amazon. I don’t even own a radio except whatever is in the automobile I drive.
- Many of us like to read a real book – what do you prefer? I don’t care, a book is a book whether hard copy or ebook. All I care about is the story of the characters.
- Chocolate or Strawberries? Do I have to make a choice? Can’t I just have chocolate covered strawberries?
- If you supported a Charity which would it by and why? The last charity I supported for any length of time was the Japan Evangelicals Missions because my niece was a missionary with JEMS. But, if I had the resources to support a charity at this point in time I would support an organization that helps to free women and girls from the human sex slave trafficking around the world. It breaks my heart that this happens to these poor young women. To me it is one of the worst evils in this world that I could personally help rescue victims.
- I like autumn the best, which season is your favourite? Spring! My name means “spring-like” and I was born on the first day of spring the year I made my debut into the wide world.
- Are you a dog person or a Cat person? I don’t have a pet. The last pet we had was a dog and I loved her. I’ve had both dogs and cats over my life and I’ve loved each one of them. So, both.
- How many blogs do you have? Only one, Peachy’s Insights, which you are here reading.
Eleven facts about me
- I have a Bachelor of Accountancy and an MBA/Accounting degree, though I was never interested in being a CPA, instead I became a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Accounting was the wrong profession for me, I don’t have the personality or organizational skills for it. I should have gone into some area of counseling or psychology.
- I am a relationship person and I love people although I’m an introvert.
- I worked and supported my family of four children while my husband raised them. (They turned out much better people that way.)
- I have a brother who is my uncle. We share a father but his mother was my grandmother. So my mom was his sister too. Talk about a twisted family tree.
- I totalled my mom’s car on my 17th birthday, with my mom in the car.
- The first book I owned and read as a child was a Curious George book when I was in 2nd grade.
- My first great interest in books were the biographies of the mountain men and early settlers I read in 3rd and 4th grade. I loved them, then I met HG Wells and Jules Verne in 5th grade and never looked back.
- Tinnitus has been a part of my life since childhood and I have a hard time understanding what is said because of it. There is also a range of sound that I don’t hear well (about the baritone voice range).
- My dad was a truck driver and we moved a lot; I attended 6 schools in three states before I graduated high school.
- I used to do spelling and grammar editing of my mom’s college term papers when I was in Junior High (7-8 grades). I had better English skills than she did.
My Eleven Questions for you:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Where did you grow up?
- What is your favorite genre of book?
- Where is the furthest you’ve ever travelled away from home and what was the occasion?
- What author (living or dead) would you like to meet over drinks and what would you ask them?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- What would you say is your motto for your life?
- If money were no object what is the one thing you’d want to do?
- What is a hero to you and who is your hero?
- Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
- What was the first car you ever drove?
Thank you again Claire!